Sunday, April 17, 2011

Twins, Eggs, Rio, and Tooth!

This week was a lot of fun despite winter and snow returning. On Wednesday I took the day off of work to go to the Twins game with Eric, Nick, and my mom. The game got off to a great start but unfortunately the Twins had a rough middle patch and we ended up losing the game. It was still a lot of fun and the kids had a great time at home playing with Molly & Kelley. On Saturday we went to our first Robbinsdale Spring Egg Hunt. It wasn't quite what we were expecting since there really was no hunt. What you do for this event is stand in a long line and wait for your turn to enter our City Hall. Once inside the kids get to grab 4 eggs out of different bins and then move on to the prize room. In the prize area helpers are there to open the eggs and see what you won. The Chamber of Commerce did a great job running the event and it would have even been better had the weather been a little warmer or the wind a little less windy.
Trying to stay warm waiting for the doors to open!

Eric and Robert trying to fix the sign that the wind kept pushing down. Trying to warm up and look at their prizes.


Robert doesn't usually pay too much attention to commercials on tv but lately whenever the preview for the movie Rio came on he's gotten pretty excited. So today I decided to take him for his first movie. He did pretty good and luckily the theater wasn't too busy so he could get up and move in our row of 4 seats without disturbing anyone. We both enjoyed the movie and Robert also enjoyed a big, blue icee!

At the end of the movie trying to get the last of the icee!


Izzy's big news of the week is that she cut her first tooth (bottom right). She's still pretty drooly so we're expecting at least one more to show up pretty soon. She's been pretty good with the teething and especially likes the new noises she can make with the extra saliva in her mouth. Here's a video of her making some of her new sounds!



This week will go by pretty quick for me with only working 3 days. I had an eye check-up last week and my right eye was healing perfectly and everyday my vision keeps getting clearer and stronger. Because the PRK is a little longer recovery and work was difficult since I spend so much time on a computer I decided to incoporate the upcoming holiday with the surgery on my left eye so I'd have extra time to recover and not put any unneeded stress on my eyes. So bright and early on Thursday I have surgery on my left eye and if all goes as well as it did with my right eye I should be pain free with decent vision by Easter Sunday. So until then I get to switch back to wearing glasses but this time not only will they still be slanted they will also be missing a lense since I don't need anything for my right eye. So excited...um is it Thursday yet?

No comments: