Monday, April 11, 2011

Playing in the Park and Eye Surgery

This last weekend I finally started something I've been wanting to do for a long time and began the process of fixing my eye sight. I went in for Lasik on Saturday but it was determined at the last minute that I'd be a better candidate for PRK due to my cornea structure. Because PRK is a little more painful (I didn't have Lasik to compare it to but there was a lot more pain than I anticipated) and takes a week or so for the full vision to be complete, unlike a day with Lasik I just had my right eye done. Once that eye is completely healed (in about 2-3 weeks) I'll go back in and have my left eye done. I can already tell there is an improvement and it is so nice when I wake up in the middle of the night and look at the clock and actually be able to see what time it is without squinting beyond. The end result will be the same but I am disappointed that instead of having my new perfect vision this weekend I'm left with a painful, still 50% blind right eye and a contact in my left eye. But by this summer I should be enjoying my new perfect vision!! While Eric and I were at the clinic on Saturday his parents were watching the kids and took a few pictures of their time together. I definitely think they had more fun than I did...


With the snow finally all melted (and ignoring the forcast for more on Friday) we have been enjoying spending the afternoons at all of the parks near our house. Robert is loving the ability to master the playground and Izzy enjoys taking it all in and is getting more used to the swing. The warmer weather is great and the extra energy they are burning off outside has provided a little later start to our morning...making mom and dad very happy!


Of course there is still time for cuddles on the couch too!


Back Outside...time to giddy up!


Watch how quick he is...






Swinging together...

No comments: