Monday, January 18, 2010

Robert's got a secret to share...

Now that the holidays are over we thought
we'd do a recap of the festivities!
Christmas gifts for Robert ~ $75,
Gas traveling to relatives ~ $90,
Knowing that there are really 4 people in this picture ~ PRICELESS
We are happy to announce that Robert is going to be a big brother! I am 12 weeks pregnant today and just got back from the doctor's office where we heard the baby's heartbeat for the first time. This one wouldn't hold still very long for the doctor but we definitely heard and were relieved to know everything was going well. We found out the day after Thanksgiving and were surpisingly able to keep it a secret from our family until Christmas. To tell them we had Robert wear the above hat to announce it to our immediate family members. Since then we've told some others and my team was told on the way to Costa Rica. Luckily it wasn't from me getting sick on the airplane!

The baby is due on August 2nd and of course I didn't learn my lesson from Robert and am hoping to go towards the end of July instead. Either way I'll have a lot more time off this time around before my swim season starts up again which I'm sure Eric will appreciate! We will again be finding out the gender but that will have to wait until the middle of March when we get an ultrasound done. As of now everything is measuring on schedule and no signs of problems. I'm hoping that as I finish up the 1st trimester the morning sickness symptoms will disappear...which by the way were completely different than with Robert so possibly a girl this time around?

2 comments:

rarejule said...

Congrats to everyone!!

Teresa said...

I know I commented on FB about this, but I am so freaking excited and happy for you!! Congratulations again!!