Sunday, January 17, 2010

I'm Back!

I hope that Eric has kept all of our followers entertained with his posts for the last few weeks. I am finally feeling better and am back in the country to update our blog. As you can see from the picture above Robert had a really hard time getting going in the morning while I was gone. This is also more proof that he is my child and mornings aren't always the best for us!


View of Costa Rica from the airplane
My team trip to Costa Rica was AMAZING! In the 9 trips I've gone on with my team and while in college this was by far my favorite. The company I went through took care of arranging every little detail for us and so all I had to do was coach. All meals were catered by the hotel and transportation was fully covered, which was good because I never would have found the pools if I was driving. On top of all of the training the group was able to divide into two groups to go white water rafting or on a canopy tour through the rain forest (basically ziplining through the rain forest for about 1 1/2 hours). Both groups had amazing trips even if both endured a little rain. The canopy group also got to see a coffee plantation and stop and a souvenir shop and go on a tour of the wood factory attached to it to see them make a lot of the souvenirs by hand.

Team picture outside of our bus with our driver and Juan our translator who knew very little English but we loved them both!

After our meet the Costa Rica team asked myself and the head coach from the other American team there to stay and do a coaching clinic. The picture above is of the group that attended the clinic. Everyone in Costa Rica was so friendly and both this team and the team we met at our evening practices were amazing. They felt very honored to be swimming with Americans and we too were greatful to meet so many new people and will hopefully be able to stay in contact with them.


Today my mom was up and the four of us enjoyed watching the Vikings win their game against the Cowboys. Robert wasn't too sure of the game but had fun getting lots of attention from Grandma.


Eric and Robert enjoying the snacks for the game!

Thank you Favre for a great game...please give us 2 more!!

3rd Quarter was a little slow so Eric and Robert entertained my mom and I with some floor sliding. Robert could have kept doing this all night long!

No comments: