Sunday, June 20, 2010

Opinions Please!!!

So I decided to see what those that view our blog think I should do for the nursery. You can read about my dilemma in the post below.

To see pictures of the room look in the archived blogs. Go to June 2008 (it is the only post for the month) and let me know if you think the blue works for a girl or if we should try another color or if you have any other suggestions to help make a change but with keeping the same theme. Thanks for your help!!! If you don't want to sign up to post a comment e-mail me or send me a facebook message instead.

Thanks!
Nicole

3 comments:

Teresa said...

I like the blue walls but understand your dilemma.
If you are looking for something different, maybe paint lines on either side of the border in the middle? Orange, green, yellow and/or white? I think you'd have to go with a really light yellow to paint the entire wall yellow. Or maybe paint the walls white and decorate with the different colors? Paint little circles (bubbles) with the different colors all around the room? I don't know, that might be boring.... Alright, I was no help! :) I think I'd have to see it in person.

rarejule said...

My opinion consists of never having had a girl... but that said, who is going to see this room besides you and the little one (and a few family members)? Why not leave it alone, add a few touches of pink or purple in blankets and call it DONE?

I like Teresa's idea of bubbles, you could do that in pink/light colors too.

Nicole said...

Thanks for the suggestions Teresa and Julie! With the help of some of my student workers I've decided to leave it as is but buy new sheets (well we needed new ones anyway) that aren't in blue and rather in yellow. I'm also going to buy wood letters that spell out either Isabel or Izzy and paint them orange with yellow polk-a-dots. I might also get some wood picture frames and do the same with the paint and then put family pics in it after she arrives.

The fact that we're probably going to have 3 kids is what stopped me from painting the room. If the next one is a boy we'd just have to do it all over again...plus my husband is just not budging! :)