Sunday, August 16, 2009

Walking!!

This was a BIG week for us as our little boy is now walking. It doesn't seem possible that we are already at this stage but with less than a month until his birthday I guess I shouldn't be too surprised. Here is a video of him taking 22 steps...the most so far!

Robert has also taken a strong interest in playing the piano. Tonight while making dinner Robert played the piano from his new piano bench (aka highchair). It was great to have music to cook to and it was fun to see him peeking over his shoulder every so often to see what mommy and daddy were up!


The other big event, or should I say events, of the week were for my mom who underwent two surgeries. The first was on Monday when she had eyelid surgery. I call it a tummy tuck for the eyelids because she had too much skin on her eyelids that made for only a small slit to see through. The second surgery was for her shoulder which was to keep repairing injuries sustained from her car accident last November. Eric, Robert and I traveled to Red Wing to help her after this surgery and I must say she looked quite beat up (see picture below) but her sense of humor was great! I didn't get to see the eyes until Thursday but I guess the first few days after the surgery she compared herself to Mimi from the Drew Carey Show. Oh Dear! Luckily Robert didn't cry when seeing her.

No comments: