Sunday, August 23, 2009

Summer Colds...

This wasn't a fun week at the Hempler house since the summer cold caught us. It started with me on Monday night, got Robert on Thursday and yesterday Eric started having symptoms. UGH! I'm just starting to feel a little like my old self but am hoping doing laundry and other weekend cleaning items today wasn't too much. I'm also really, really hoping Eric doesn't get it as badly as I had it or I'll probably need to miss more work this week to stay home with Robert while he's sick in bed. Robert doesn't seem to have nearly as bad of a cold as I do/did so let's hope Eric follows him and not me.

Even with being sick it was still a busy week for us. Work was busy for me trying to get caught up after missing so much this last week but I have a feeling this week will be even worse since I missed two more days last week. Then my mom came up on Thursday for her one-year appointment on her back surgery. Robert and I took her to this appointment in Shakopee and Robert, even with a runny nose, had a blast playing with the toys and entertaining the nurses and her doctor. Friday was a day of sleep and another day I stayed home from work. Robert and I both felt pretty cruddy (see picture below) but made it through with lots of love and help from my mom and Eric. Yesterday we went to the Minneapolis Farmer's Market with my Aunt Sally, Uncle Joe, and my cousin Mary. It was a lot of fun and I'm glad both Robert and I were feeling well enough to go. Eric was busy by hosting open houses both days this weekend.

So we're hoping for a less eventful week and time for us all to get back to 100%! Hope everyone is doing well!

The dogs favorite spot is now with Robert when eating. Here you can see Robert's arm is on the opposite side of the high chair and Apollo looking to see if he has food in that hand. We thought it was cute a few weeks ago when Robert started giving the dogs food...but now we realize the that Robert will always throw food on the floor even if the dogs aren't there. Waiters & Waitresses love us now!

Sick Mommy & Robert

You got me sick mom so now I'm ripping apart your magazine!

New toy at Grandma's Doctor Appointment

Favorite item at the Farmer's Market...flowers he could reach!

The group at the Farmer's Market...Robert spotted Mary's flowers!!!

My mom took this when she came up to wake me on Saturday to have me driver her to meet up with her ride home. Guess the Farmer's Market and the Open House wore us out! Robert hasn't fallen asleep in my arms for so long that I hated getting up.

1 comment:

Teresa said...

I hope everyone feels better soon. Great pictures though!