Thursday, September 11, 2008

At the hospital...but no baby

Hi Everyone,

We checked into the hospital on Tuesday night so that I could receive some medication to better prepare me for contractions and labor. The medicine really didn't do much, if anything, but they still started Pitocin at 6:30am on Wednesday hoping that labor would begin. There was some worry yesterday morning that when I was having contractions the babies heart rate was dipping too low and that started a lot of talk of a c-section. The baby started to do better and because of this they kept me on Pitocin. By the end of the day my dilation had only increased by 1cm (went to 3cm). They decided that it would be best to stop the drug for the night, let me eat some real food, and then gave me some good drugs to help me sleep. I slept great last night and the Pitocin was started up again at 6am. Almost 12 hours later I still haven't had any significant contractions to push me into labor so a baby arriving today isn't looking too great. The doctor should be here soon to examine me and determine a plan. We'll keep everyone posted on changes and hope to be able to bring you baby news soon.

No comments: