Sunday, May 2, 2010

RIP Grandpa

After a long few years and an especially rough few days my grandfather passed away on Monday. He has suffered with numerous health problems over the last few years and as hard as it is to say goodbye it is reassuring to know that he is no longer suffering.

He was a long time professor and choir director at Gustavus Adolphus College and the college had their school flag put at half staff for the week along with a special tribute on their website. They also arranged for choir alums to sing two songs at the funeral and we were all shocked to see 50 alums show up for the tribute and many more sending their love and thoughts to the family. The funeral was very special and done in a such an amazing way to honor all the wonderful things he accomplished in his life.


Nick, Mom, and myself at the flag

4 of the 5 grandchildren at the flag

Today was also my cousin Parker's 17th Birthday, we celebrated with candles in his fruit for breakfast and then a DQ ice cream cake as a mid-morning snack...YUMMY!

Parker hanging out with Robert!


When we got home this afternoon we pulled out Robert's tunnel that attaches to his tent. He had fun playing with something new and before bed tonight we took this picture of him inside the tunnel. He loves crawling into anything & everything and keeps us on our toes. His giggles, hugs, smiles, and kisses are so wonderful and definitely reminds Eric & I that no matter what goes on around us he is the light at the end of our tunnel and we are so blessed to have such a wonderful little boy.
As for Eric and I we are both keeping extra busy with work and juggling all of life's demands. Eric is taking a class every week through Keller Williams and spends a lot of his evenings and Robert's naps busy working on his real estate projects. I'm in the middle of some bigger pool rentals and trying to get everything wrapped up for this school year and getting everything ready for the summer. I have also officially entered the 3rd trimester and am definitely noticing the change. It is hard to not be able to pick up and do as much with Robert as I would like and to keep the house as clean as I'd prefer. It is a good thing that our little girl is so demanding and is good at giving me a good kick (or 10) to remind me when I'm doing too much.

No comments: