Friday, November 20, 2009

Linda Troester

This time of year my side, mostly my Aunt and Uncles, have a tradition of going to the Minnesota/Iowa game every year. This was started because there are relatives in both states, but I think mostly because of one person that had a deep sense of family, my aunt Linda. A year ago this week she passed away. If you heard the countless stories about her you would have heard the countless lives she touched and how she never judged anyone no matter what.

It seems the ones that touch the most lives are the first ones to leave and I’ve always wondered why this is. I could only come up with one answer that made sense to me…it was time for someone else to pick up where this person left off. It could be something small or something big or even something that isn’t real obvious or even something that may occur much later, but this is the only answer that made sense to me.

I am thankful I had an opportunity to get to know Linda, but also to be influenced in some way by her husband Tom. You don’t only become the person you want to be from your immediate family, but also your extended family. Influence works both ways.

“Celebrate Life, Live with Hope”

1 comment:

Cheri said...

Eric--this is beautiful! You are so perceptive--and I agree with your answer to that question. I have thought it many, many times. You do understand, though it sometimes doesn't help the absence of those huge personalities we love.