Sunday, May 31, 2009

Robert's Standing...why aren't we more happy?

This week Robert learned another new skill...pulling himself up to standing all by himself! Eric and I are happy that he continues to learn new things but the problem with this new skill is that he hasn't mastered getting down from the standing position. Which means every time he goes to his crib for a nap or bedtime he gets himself up to standing and then screams until one of us rescues him and lays him back down. If we are lucky the process is only repeated once but this is rare so bedtime/naptime is turning into more of a challenge. We also think his top teeth might be coming in because he has been more cranky than usual, chewing on more objects, and the drool has returned. We'll keep you posted if more teeth are arriving!

The week seemed to go by very fast. I was able to spend sometime earlier in the week with my best friend Sherry while in Red Wing teaching a CPR class. We had a great time and I really wish I could see her more often but hopefully within another year or so they will be able to make a move from Indiana and I'm praying it will be to Minnesota.

Eric continues to find new hobbies to keep both him and Robert entertained during the day. We had his piano moved back to our house from his parents and Eric has been busy learning children songs and playing them for Robert.

Other events from the week included a bonfire (from our trimmed trees) on our deck with Nick and Mandie and today I went to St. Peter for my good friend Abby's baby shower. She is the 5th member of our department to deliver a baby this past year and I can't wait for her little guy to get here. My mom made the trip down to St. Peter with me and we were able to get up to the cemetary in Mankato were both my Grandma and Dad are buried. It is never easy to visit them but something that was needed. I left pictures of Robert with the flowers my mom brought so that they could have their Great Grandson and Grandson with them. I know that they are both keeping a close eye on them from Heaven along with all of our other loved ones who have left us too soon.

This week I have to make my last trip to Red Wing to train their pool staff and then am looking forward to a lighter week. At work I'll be kept busy with my summer teaching assignment starting and with our school changing from a College to a University. Hope everyone has a great week!


Standing in my crib...aren't I cute!

Showing G'ma my piano skills!

Look I can play without even looking!

After seeing my first game I decided I needed a baseball cap to match my daddy! Now they just need to win more games.

Dad's Grave...how I wish he could have met Eric and Robert

No comments: