Sunday, November 14, 2010

SNOW!

Winter is here and I am less than thrilled by it. I am definitely a fall/spring girl and would love it if the temp stayed in the 70s year round but Minnesota's weather views things differently. Robert on the other hand is in love with the snow. He didn't play in it much last winter but couldn't wait for us to bundle him up and let him loose Saturday morning! Below are some pics of him (with the help of Dad) getting the sidewalk shoveled!

So proud of the work he did!

While the boys ventured outside us girls played inside. This week Izzy started grabbing onto her toys and now loves her play gym with all of the bright colors and toys. Definitely an improvement from hanging out in her bassinet during the day.

Another of Izzy's favorite things is her fingers!

She is constantly sucking on them and wants nothing
to do with her pacifier. Grandma Hempler said upon
first meeting her at the hospital that she'd be a
thumb sucker and it looks like she was correct! We're looking forward to a fun week. Tomorrow Grandma Hempler is coming to visit (and possibly another day this week as well since she's on vacation from work) and hang out with the kids so Eric can go into the office to get some uninterrupted work done! On Tuesday we'll go out to celebrate my baby brother's birthday (turns 27...eek! that makes it harder for me to claim I'm still 29) and see my mom who just returned from 2 weeks in Italy on Saturday. I'm also going in for a lasik eye consultation that afternoon. For those that don't know I'm very blind and have never liked wearing glasses. I have never minded my contacts but when I get up in the middle of the night with the kids it'd be great to not have to search for my glasses or to see the time without severe squinting! Let's hope I'm a candidate and that my Flex Spending money can be put to a great use in 2011.
Have a great week everyone!

No comments: