Sunday, October 10, 2010

Apple Orchard!

Of course the week I return to work is the week we have record high temps and gorgeous weather! Luckily I took most of the day off on Thursday to make up for a long day on Saturday and got to enjoy at least one day outside.

When I returned home from morning practice on Thursday Eric and I were talking about what we should do and decided that grocery shopping and cleaning the house could wait and we should find an apple orchard to visit instead. It was a great decision!! We went to Minnetonka Orchards in Minnetrista and were amazed at how great of a spot it was for little kids. (See the pictures below for all of the fun activities we enjoyed!) Robert had a blast and did NOT want to leave so we'll definitely be returning there next year. Izzy didn't get to do much but enjoyed being outdoors and we're sure that next year she'll be able to have a little more fun.



Walked the Trails
Ate some yummy Apple Donuts!
Went on a hayride
Played on and in a wooden train Saw some goats, rabbits, chickens,
a baby cow and horse
Rolled some pumpkins...well tried to anyway!
Today, after quite a few months I fell back into my normal Sunday routine...laundry, dishes, cleaning, taking out trash, and finding ways to occupy myself online while the boys (Uncle Nick was visiting) watched football all day. Not quite how I like to spend my one day off this week but at least I'll start the week with a clean house & clothes!

No comments: