Thursday, December 11, 2008

It's a Christmas Miracle


As many of you know my mom was in a bad car accident the Sunday before Thanksgiving and throughout that chaos her dog Vegas got out of the car and ran away. Many people searched for him but nobody had found him nor did he go to any of the farm houses nearby. With 2 1/2 weeks having gone by we had pretty much given up hope on his surviving the weather.


Yesterday while at work I got a call from my mom and at first it was hard to understand what she was saying because she was crying so hard but I finally made out that somebody from the Baldwin area called and had just found Vegas. The woman that found him said he appeared to be fine and made arrangements to meet my mom that afternoon.


He was found on a county road about a mile south of the accident but we don't know where he has been for all this time or what he has been up to. The vet said that he looked pretty good but had lost about 7 lbs, was dehydrated, and had a small infection...overall not too bad. His perkyness has returned today and he is getting to be more like his old self. Both my mom and Vegas are happy to be reunited and as always the dog is getting spoiled. Thanks to everyone who has kept my mom and Vegas in your prayers and thoughts!


No comments: